More than 90 companies in the wood products industry have chosen North Alabama as their home because of the region’s critical advantages.
- An Abundance of Product Supply: Alabama ranks 2nd in the United States for commercial forest land.
- Experienced Workforce: More than 6,200 people are currently employed in the wood industry in North Alabama.
- A Critical Mass of Companies: With 93 wood product firms there is a synergy of wood working knowledge and expertise.
- Location to Market: North Alabama is in the center of the Southeast which had 48% of all U.S. new home starts in 2005. Two Interstates provide quick access to the entire Southeast Region as well as Norfolk Southern and CSX main line rail service.
- Resources for Industry: The publicly funded Alabama Center for Advanced Wood Working Technology and Auburn’s Forest Products Development Center stand ready to assist Alabama companies.
Forest Data Maps: